On week 3 of the script update month I am releasing a major code update to the Create-DMARC report script. In this release of the DMARC Report tool I am adding a lot of new major functionalities, some minor functionality’s and a few bug fixes. The biggest improvement is the support for the most wanted PowerBI integration so next to the offline HTML report you are now able to create rich visual reports.
The full explanation of this function can be found on the release page here:
Release notes V2.0:
- GEO Source IP lookup to include the following new reports:
- Per country spoof report for each domain analyzed
- Per Country source IP Spoof report for each domain analyzed
- Country information on the source IP main report
- PowerBI support
- PowerBI incremental data upload support
- Extended GEO information for PowerBI ( Country, City, Region, longitude, latitude )
- PowerBI report template with added calculated columns.
- Per day timestamps of received dmarc reports
- Reporting option to report only on Failed DMARC items.
- DMARC Alignment data reports
- Fixed Reverse lookup IP table sometimes truncated the hostname to only 1 character.
- Fixed export of Reverse lookup IP table did not incremental export causing a attempt to create duplicate keys during the import. This was a minor issue as the Hash table already did not allow it.
HTML changes / enhancements:
- Added Reports total of DMARC passed VS DMARC failed.
- Added tables for DMARC alignment of SPF.
- Added tables for DMARC alignment of DKIM
New report in action
The new full GEO enhanced HTML report run against my domains can be viewed here: http://www.tech-savvy.nl/wp-content/dmarc/report/
A small preview:
A full Sample of a rich PowerBI report can be found here: PowerBI Report
A small preview:
As you can not share a PowerBI report publicly that utilizes calculated columns from the API a PowerPoint showing these functionality`s is included in the download of the tool.
To support the new functionality`s the script take 3 new parameters to control if the new functionality should be enabled or not. These new parameters are “-geolookupenabled”, “-PowerBIuploadenabled” and “-DMARCfailedonly”. As their names already reveal they correspond to the new functions. The parameters can be used separate or together.
Let me know what you think of the new changes or if you have any other thoughts.
Have fun with PowerBI